Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo

I can't remember if I've written anything about either the book or the Swedish film, but one movie I'm looking forward to this winter is the American adaptation of Stieg Larsson's The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.  I'm not that familiar with the actress cast in the titular role (Rooney Mara), but I like Daniel Craig, and the director, David Fincher, is an old favorite of mine.

I have no idea how long this trailer will be active.  No doubt, Sony will notice this is online and squash it like a bug, but here's the link until that time.

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo Red Band Trailer

Notice this is a red band trailer.  That means it's only shown before R-rated films and it contains material that may not be safe for work.  One of the high points of this trailer, at least for me, is the Karen O/Trent Reznor rendering of Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song".

Edit: As of late 31 May, the red-band trailer has been pulled for copyright infringement, but Sony have finally posted an official "All Audiences" trailer and you can watch it at the link below:

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo

It's almost the same trailer, but most of the more provocative imagery has been removed.  One thing I noticed that is different is the red-band trailer ends with the words "She's coming".  The new one only says "Coming".  I guess they didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment