Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Progress in Florida, continued

http://www.tallahassee.com/article/20100324/NEWS01/3240319

Apparently I didn't read the original story right. The Leon County Commission voted yesterday, 4-3, to tentatively approve the measure. The final version won't be ready until late April, with a public hearing scheduled for May. I hope this thing passes. The comments posted there and on another news site are all negative. One commenter said that they accepted gays, but "couldn't get past the transgender thing".

2 comments:

  1. "One commenter said that they accepted gays, but 'couldn't get past the transgender thing'."

    Well, I can't get over some people's bigotry. *grumble grumble huff*

    I hope the hearings go well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know me and what I say about those comments. F#$k them! LOL. Wink, wink, nod, nod.

    ReplyDelete