Sunday, December 26, 2010

Holiday Greetings from Jabba the Hutt

This is actually a couple of weeks old, and it's now the day after Christmas, but I posted the Muppet version of "Carol of the Bells" last year, and I didn't think I should go another year without something holiday-themed, so I present this little gem, courtesy of Paul and Storm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWqthNlzoEI

On a related note, I met my niece's boyfriend's nephew yesterday. He's a little 7 month-old boy named "Jaxom", who was named for the character from Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders of Pern series. His mother was so impressed that I knew who she named her son after. I told her I was well-versed in the "classics".

1 comment:

  1. Back in the 1990s I worked for the computer game developer who had the rights to a Pern computer game. I read all the books sequentially, all proof editions supplied by AnnieMac herself with her typesetters corrections and notes scribbled in the margins. If I were dishonest I could have made a fortune on eBay.

    Have to admit, though I found them perfectly readable, I wouldn't go back and read 'em a second time.

    The game? Don't bother trying to find it, it was awful. Merely being a licence of something popular is not a guarantee of good gameplay.

    ReplyDelete