Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Oh, Well...

Remember that "good position with a decent company"?  I was summoned into work this afternoon for a "counseling session" wherein I was terminated.  Yeah.

Back in December I made a couple of minor mistakes.  I was called in for a counseling session, written up and told that the company really wanted to retain my services, so I should focus on improving my work and improving my interaction with guests and coworkers.  I've worked hard, and I thought I was doing well.  I haven't heard a word of negativity from anyone in the nearly six weeks since my write-up.

I was fired, but the company won't fight if I apply for unemployment.  Ironically, the GM, who handled my termination, said that he'd be happy to provide me with a reference.  No one who's ever fired me has given me a reference.  It's a little thing, but I'll take it.

I'm in the process of updating my resume, and I've got Craigslist open in another tab.  I've already seen a couple of positions that might be for me.