Sunday, March 15, 2009

Facebook

So, after much hemming and hawing, I got a Facebook account. I'm all for this social networking, but some of the features are a little weird, like the suggesting of people I "may know". In the very first iteration of this, it tossed up a seemingly random hundred people, all strangers, and Jennifer Finney-Boylan! I know who she is, but I don't "know" her. I don't know if it's appropriate to "friend" someone I don't know on the basis of a tenuous connection.

Then there's the added wrinkle of me signing on as my femme self. I scouted around last night, and identified a couple dozen people I know, most of whom I went to school with, but none of them know the real me. We've got a class reunion coming up next year. Should I break the ice with them now? Or wait till the reunion? This is the 2000s. It's a new age, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment