Saturday, April 23, 2011

More About the McDonalds Incident

Little by little, the story of the incident at a Baltimore-area McDonalds is creeping into the mainstream news outlets.  I spent about an hour last night digging through news sites before I found a blurb of an AP item, buried in the ABC site.

This morning, I found a story on Fox, but their story emphasized that the victim was "a man".  I checked back, and they've amended the story to say "transgendered", but read the comments.  The attitude of every commenter whose words I could stomach tells the tale.

Now there's speculation that the authorities may add hate-crime charges. I hope so, and I hope they prosecute to the fullest extent of the law.

I'm hoping one of the friendlier news outlets pick this up, what with the viral spread of the video, but I don't know that I have the clout to forward something myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment