Sunday, April 17, 2011

Under The Pink

In case anyone's been under a rock for the last week or so, the news has been full of pink lately.  A while back J. Crew posted this on their website.  Conservative voices in the media went batshit insane.  Jon Stewart christened it "Toemageddon", and his response was high-larious.

Over the weekend I read an article on Smithsonian, When Did Girls Start Wearing Pink?.  It's most informative.  Be sure to check out the attached slideshow (it's listed as "More Photos").  I found it to be very eye-opening.

As for me, there's no pink in my immediate area.  If I get a tax refund, I'll see about remedying that.  I haven't had a pedicure since December, and maybe bright pink toes would cheer me up.  I could certainly use some of that.

1 comment:

  1. Get those toes painted hot pink! Or what's the word they use? NEON. ;P

    ReplyDelete