Monday, June 13, 2011

Jaye-Walking, Now with Ads

I have done yet another of those things I said I wouldn't do.  I added AdSense to this blog.  I resisted for so long because I didn't want to risk this blog being associated with inappropriate advertising.  I didn't want to see sex toys or Thai ladyboy dating ads.  After assurances that this would not happen, I broke down and added the feature.  It's only been a couple of days, but I'm not happy.

Yesterday, I opened this blog in another tab and found an ad for General Dynamics, touting their information systems for military medical applications.  I don't know what that has to do with this blog, but I support the US military, and anything that helps them is okay in my book.  Today I logged in and found one of those"...and I'm a Mormon" spots.  WTF?  I am an atheist, a humanist.  I've got no use for any religion, and I have blogged about that at length.  Methinks I'm going to have to talk to Google.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah.... There's a lot of stuff that comes up on other blogs that I would not be happy with either. :-(

    Hugs
    chrissie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete