Thursday, April 30, 2009

What I've Been Up To

I've dropped a couple of notes the last couple of days about news items, but nothing about myself since my accident Saturday morning. I spent the weekend in bed, rising only to watch a little TV and surf the net. I did get in a little "Living Dead" on Halo 3 on Sunday, and wrapped another campaign on Mass Effect. I've racked up almost all of the achievements for that game. I just wish Bioware would finish the sequel; nothing else in the Xbox universe seems half as interesting as this series.

The junkyard trip yielded nothing, so we fell back on cosmetic repairs to the truck which will have to hold until I can afford new parts.

I did take a nice little stroll to the library Tuesday afternoon, in search of something new to read. I didn't find anything to my liking, but the walk in the outdoors was nice.

As of now I'm back to work. I spent most of the last five hours catching up on my paperwork (four days worth). Now that's all out of the way, and I'm killing time till folks start to check out. I'm working straight through the weekend (again) but it looks like I'll be able to attend my New Life meeting Saturday evening. I'll have to pull off some quick-change artistry to get out of femme and back into homme, but I've done it before. Clark Kent ain't got nothin' on me. ;)
Besides, I'll be relieving the FNG (my relief auditor) on the desk. It'll be interesting to see how he reacts to me in my favored form.

Before I forget, I must apologize for not answering my email last week. I fell into a kind of funk, which may or may not have had anything to do with my illness. As I said way back at the beginning, sometimes I have good days, and sometimes bad. Caroline, I did have a look at your photography. It's beautiful stuff. I only wish I could zip over to Scotland and see the stuff up close and personal. The web images are great, but I like to experience art in the flesh whenever possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment