Tuesday, October 13, 2009

News, Part Two

I almost forgot: Barack Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize. That's an accomplishment in itself, but I really wish they'd waited until he actually accomplished something important, like, i don't know, ending the wars in Iraq or Afghanistan, or brokering a lasting peace in the Middle East. Something momentous like that. It's like they've given the award in anticipation of things to come. He called the award "a call to action", and it is. Get your ass in gear, Mr. President! Show me I didn't vote for you for nothing.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, that was really odd..

    It sort of devalued the Peace Prize AND devalued him, as if it was for some kind of "good boy for being elected". It was Gesture Politics.

    I'd like to see the guy pull out of Afghanistan and Iraq. A lot of people voted for him to do that. It saddens me to see him (and our future PM) buying into the same con-job that keeps our soldiers dying there.

    love
    chrissie
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jaye, I also voted for him and just as dismayed he won the award. It was the last thing he needed right now. ~w/luv, Simone

    ReplyDelete