Monday, February 9, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Yes, it's my birthday. I don't normally make a big deal out of these things, but if I don't celebrate, who will? At first glance, I didn't think I had all that much to celebrate, but I thought about it some. I have my health, a job, a roof over my head, and good friends. I got two phone calls this morning, at work, to wish me a happy birthday. One was a former co-worker of mine.

The other was my dad. I've been bluesing a bit the last few days, because my beloved Fuji Finepix A330 is on the fritz. I've had it about four years. It's taken great photos, and worked above and beyond the call of any simple digital point-and-shoot camera. Anyway, a couple of days ago, it whited out on a couple of photos. I mean to say that I lined up two perfect photos, and got two white blobs. All subsequent photos have curved lines across the image, like something's come loose in the lens assembly. It's a four year-old machine, and I've been told that I can probably get something comparable for less than it would cost me to fix this one. Dad, in addition to wishing me a happy birthday, has offered me his. It's another Fuji of similar vintage. If he took as many photos as I do, I'd feel bad about taking it, but...

After I get off work this morning, I'm going to see if I can talk my brother into buying a little cake with what's left of the food stamps. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment