Tuesday, June 2, 2009

You Shall Not Murder

I think I've made my views on religion clear enough here, but I am not above lifting the occasional religious material when it suits my purposes. The above is one of the biblical Ten Commandments. It's usually quoted as "Thou shalt not kill", but I prefer the other way.

I read the news last night and I almost choked. What year is it, 1989? 1995? I thought we were past the whole business of assassinating doctors associated with abortion. I don't usually talk about abortion. Much as I might wish it, I will never bear a child of my own, so I think that precludes me from having a say. That said, I completely support a woman's right to control of her own body. I wholeheartedly support any doctor who provides that kind of care.

Remember the furor back in the winter when the DHS issued its warning about right-wing extremism? This is the sort of thing they were talking about.

As with every other hot-button issue, this is being discussed and prognosticated upon by better writers than I am, so I'll leave it to them. I just wanted to let y'all know where I stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment