Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Attack of the Millipedes!

I was going to write something about my frustration at my inability to get out and about en femme, but I lost almost the entire train of thought when I spotted a millipede crawling out from under the desk. Then another, and another. And...

For those who don't know them, millipedes are little multi-legged creepy crawlies distantly related to centipedes. Gods, that sounded really technical, didn't it? I first spotted the little guys about a month ago. They're harmless, and only grow to be an inch or two long, but they're brown or black, and have dozens of legs, and wavy antennae, and this IS a hotel. I had a guest get all postal with me the other morning because he saw *GASP* a moth. I don't personally have problem with the little buggers. They're actually kinda cute, in a geeky way. But I can just see some guest going completely batshit crazy from seeing one in their bathroom, or on their bed.

Anyway, enough about work. I'll come back to this when my thoughts are a little more collected.

Incidentally, this is my 100th post to this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment