Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Not So Fast!

A week ago, I was all jazzed about the prospect of my brother going back to work. He started yesterday, and I am enthused. It's just that in the interval between then and now, I've had my plans disrupted by cold, harsh reality. I said I was hoping to have enough money to get my nails done last weekend. It didn't happen. I paid part of the rent, the past-due electric bill, and put two tires on the truck.

I broke down and gave myself another DIY manicure/pedicure. I used OPI Strawberry Margarita on my toes, and OPI Makes Men Blush on my fingers. Strawberry Margarita is really bright, eye-popping pink. Makes Men Blush looks a soft pink in the bottle, but it goes on very sheer. Looks good on me, though.

I'm getting off work in about twenty minutes, and I'm going to be off today and tomorrow. I'm trying to plan some sort of outing for myself for Wednesday, but Nate's gonna have the truck. I'll probably stroll through Olde Town and down to the Seawall again, but if it's not too hot, I'll go en femme.

1 comment:

  1. OPI Makes Men Blush on my fingers.

    Can't you just love that all day long?

    Manicures and the like are over-rated and over-priced. I don't think there's anything glamorous about fake nails. When I see them I think dirty because I'm always watching bimbos clean them out.

    Do them at home. Better yet-get a really cute girl to do them for you at home and spend the money on cute shoes.

    Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete