Thursday, July 23, 2009

"I was not here. You did not see me."

That was me this morning. Each morning, the hotel sets out a nice little spread for breakfast, a mixture of the traditional "Continental" breakfast and a few hot items. Employees are not supposed to partake, but nearly everyone does. Normally if I'm going to do so, I grab mine before the bulk of our guests come down, so no one sees me getting the food, nor eating it. I was a little busy this morning, so I wasn't able to get any until there were a few people over there eating.

One of our frequent stay guests watched me this morning, and I looked over at him and said, deadpan, "I was not here. You did not see me."

He said, "Okay, but I did see that movie."

It's nice when someone gets my movie references.

4 comments:

  1. Did they actually say which movie it was? Do they get the prize? Is the food that good?

    Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  2. give us a clue, Jaye!!!

    love
    chrissie
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, he did identify the movie. No, he doesn't get the prize, because I'm not giving my words to a stranger.

    As for clues, the first quote was spoken by Colm Feore. The second wasn't really intended as a game bit, and comes from the David Lynch version of "Dune".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not that I’m a pedant but the actual line was “I did not say this. I am not here”.

    ReplyDelete