Friday, July 3, 2009

I'm Out!

Please forgive me for not being around the last couple of days. I was anticipating having my DSL connected a couple of days ago, but it was not to be. Before I went off Tuesday morning, I sat down with my manager and let her know what I want to do, as far as transitioning on the job. I gave her the Cliff's Notes version of my life. I talked a little about wanting to transition, but told her that I wasn't planning on doing it tomorrow, or even next week. I just wanted her to know what was going on with me. I explained that under current law, there isn't any protection for trans workers, and that she could fire me then and there, if she wanted. She told me she wouldn't do that. Personally, she doesn't care how I dress, so long as I do my job well. She told me that she would talk to corporate and get back to me.

2 comments:

  1. Jaye, You go girl! I am so proud of you. Give me a call when you have a chance, if you would.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaye. That took guts, cariad.

    Well done.

    I'd be nervous to do to here, where they have laws to protect us, so you are very brave.

    love
    chrissie
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete